cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

'Check out entire family table' option has dissapeared

workingaway
1-Newbie

'Check out entire family table' option has dissapeared

I have been using Creo for 6 years now. I have always had the option to 'check out entire family table' when I try to modify a generic. I use this because I usually have parts in my workspace locked so as not to modify them accidentally. I used to just have to unlock my generic, go to the family table, hit 'edit' and I would have the option to 'check out entire fmaily table' This would automatically unlock all instances in the family table and download instances, if they were not in my workspace.

For some reason, now I only get the 'check out entire fmaily table' option if I have all instances in my workspace and if they are all unlocked. This is frustrating and takes much more time for me to check out families.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that controls this? I have searched through Tools---> Options but cannot find an option for this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using:

• Windchill 10.0 M030
  • Creo Wildfire 5.0 M130
1 REPLY 1

I have a mapkey that I created several months ago that allows me to unlock my generic, go into the family table, select 'edit' and pick 'check out entire family table' from the pulldown menu. The option for 'Check out entire family table' was the third option in the pulldown list (this is important in the next paragraph)

I've done some investigation into my config file and in my mapkey that I created to check out entire family tables. I noticed a line in the mapkey code that reads: Activate 'storage_conflicts' 'Resol3';\ The 'resol3' is the important line. Since the 'checkout entire family table' option was third on the pull down menu, in the 'conflicts' dialogue box, my mapkey is overriding the pulldown menu and forcing it to pick what would be the third option, hence the 'Resol3' in my mapkey code.

The reason this happens, even though my mapkey unlocks everything, is that the parts are still 'in session' so Creo still thinks they are locked and does not give me the option to check-out the family table. One way around this is to use the 'File' pulldown menu, go to 'update' and update all. However this takes a long time and since my mapkey still works, that is my solution to this problem.

I'm trying to see if there is some option or setting that can be changed, so that I will get the 'check out entire family table' option back. And I will post on here if I can find something to help. I guess I'm just lucky that I had made that mapkey!

Top Tags