cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cleaning up job queue

MSC12
1-Newbie

Cleaning up job queue

We have a huge backlog of jobs listed in the queue from an issue that was causing publishing to fail. I'm unsure of exactly how many there are because each page is limited to 2000, but I have a feeling it's close to 50,000 if not more (this is including the successful jobs as well). What would be the easiest way to clean this up? I can manually do it but that'll take a lot of time because loading and deleting takes a while for 2000 jobs at a time. I tried setting up a scheduled clean up job to start immediately but it just sits there saying Ready and doesn't do anything. Do I have to set up a new worker that specifically does this task? If so, can someone show me an example of setting this kind of worker up?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MSC12)

If you just want to delete all the entries from the queue, you may be able to do this using the wt.queue.QueueManager utility as outlined in CS134506. You can select the queue using Option 4 and then delete all entries from the queue usinng option 14.

Note, that if you're using Windchill 10 or later this utility has been deprecated and the entries should be deleted via the UI (see CS48212). This was done as part of a required security change.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MSC12)

If you just want to delete all the entries from the queue, you may be able to do this using the wt.queue.QueueManager utility as outlined in CS134506. You can select the queue using Option 4 and then delete all entries from the queue usinng option 14.

Note, that if you're using Windchill 10 or later this utility has been deprecated and the entries should be deleted via the UI (see CS48212). This was done as part of a required security change.

if I deleted some entries but want to retrieve back, can I do it? Is it possible?

Top Tags