cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Code for renaming EPMDoc Number and Filename

Darrell
12-Amethyst

Code for renaming EPMDoc Number and Filename

Can anyone share java code for renaming EPMDoc Number and Filename?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:Darrell)

I found the answer. Characters for filename must be lower case.See PTC article CS110903.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 10/17/14 11:57, Darrell McAlister wrote:
>
> Can anyone share java code for renaming EPMDoc Number and Filename?
>

From
Darrell
12-Amethyst

Thanks for the help, Randy.Hard to believe whatIwas looking for was in the PTC KB. The renaming works in WC, but I am having a problem opening the renamedCADDocs in Pro/E.It downloads to the workspace butgives me the error "<name>cannot be retrieved" in the Pro/E message area. It seems like it's stilllooking for the old name somewhere. I thought I remembered seeing something related to this subject when I was searching through the forum but can't find it now. Anyone know how to fix it?

If the files were in the workspace already you need to select 'Tools'; 'Synchronize' from the embedded browser.
It does a more comprehensive comparison and picks up renames whereas a Workspace Refresh does not.
Darrell
12-Amethyst

I found the answer. Characters for filename must be lower case.See PTC article CS110903.

Were you looking for Java code? I have an external script that can rename from a text file input. I use it for mass renames.

Thanks for the reply Antonio. Since I posted this a few years ago I wrote some code that renames given an input file. I posted it here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Blog/Windchill-Custom-Utility-Examples-Updated/ba-p/483122

Top Tags