cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cognos Export

bwilson-2
4-Participant

Cognos Export

Hi all,

I have some Cognos reports created on my dev server. Now I want to add them to my prod server. But I can't seem to find any way to export from Cognos. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

1 REPLY 1
dschultz
6-Contributor
(To:bwilson-2)

Brian,

I have not found away to Export a report - BUT in Report Studio from the Menu select Tools -> Copy Report to Clipboard. Then paste it into Notepad/Wordpad (or similar) and save as an .xml . Then put your file in the cognosReports under your owndirectory and import using the windchill command:windchill com.ptc.windchill.cognos.CognosProxy loadReports $WT_HOME/loadFiles/cognosReports/<your directory=">/

In addition to the .xml you need a .properties file with the same name and the following information: type, defaultName at a minimum and defaultDescription, resourceBundle if you have one. Look at the out of the box reports for an example of the .properties.

This is better documented in the Windchill Customizer's Guide -> Report Loading -> Procedure - Loading a Cognos Report

D. Schultz

Top Tags