cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cognos Reporting Training/Information

slapha
15-Moonstone

Cognos Reporting Training/Information

Does anyone have any good resources for learning how to set up new Cognos reports for Windchill?

There are some books out there, and I'm sure IBM has courses, but has anyone found any good resources that fit the Windchill niche need?

I keep getting asked for hierarchical reports starting from product structure and mapping down to models, drawings, and documents. I can try to hack at the multi-level bom report but was looking for more general training/information to actually use Cognos when Query Builder is unable to cope. 

3 REPLIES 3
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:slapha)

@slapha 

Have you found anything, I'm also extremely interested in learning how to modify Cognos reports to fit our business need more exactly.

James
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030 CPS13
Inventor Pro 2018

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:JHall)

I found enough to get me started. It wasn't easy going, and it didn't get me very far for the specific project I was working on. Some of that was Cognos-Windchill interaction, some of it was internal company issues. I'm sure I only scratched the surface.

I had planned to write up my findings for a Liveworx presentation, though this project ended up being a custom coded java output, and we moved on to looking at Thingworx for advanced reporting. We're not there yet, but we're hopeful.

If you're under Platinum support there was a webinar from March 2016 titled "Cognos in advanced Windchill deployments" that really helped me start using Cognos with Windchill, that and a lot of Googling.

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:slapha)

@slapha 

Where should I look for "Cognos in advanced Windchill deployments" ?

James

Top Tags