cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cognos Reports in Windchill

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Cognos Reports in Windchill

Somehow the Cognos database does NOT refresh for the existing report until you restart the service.I do not see us restarting production(including each service) every week just to see data in the newly added column in the existing report. This is a nuisance.

Does anybody else see this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

From PTC Tech support when we had the same issue (9.1):

The issue is due to Cognos Session Caching and was resolved by turning off the "session caching". The steps to disable Cognos Session Caching are:
- Copy the c8_location/configuration/CQEConfig.xml.sample file to c8_location/bin and rename it CQEConfig.xml.
- Open the c8_location/bin/CQEConfig.xml in an editor.
- Ensure that your editor supports saving files in UTF-8 format.
- Find the queryReuse parameter and change the value to 0 to disable caching.
- Save the CQEConfig.xml file.
- Using Cognos Configuration, stop and then restart Cognos 8. For information about stopping Cognos 8, see the Installation and Configuration Guide.

Edit <COGNOS>\configuration\CQEConfig.xml (create the file if necessary by cloning CQEConfig.xml.sample) and change <entry value="5"/> to <entry value="0"/>

Then restart Cognos

Thanks for the info. After setting this in Cognos. I did the following.

I added 4 new columns in QB report. Ran the UpdateModel command. Created new report in Cognos with these new column + Old clumns. I get the following error when I run this in Report Studio itself ?

An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-56'.

Top Tags