cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Collation conversion utility

kkr2606
4-Participant

Collation conversion utility

I have taken a backup from SQL server 2008 R2 and restored it in SQL server 2014. Now the database collation is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS. I have to change the collation to Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC. When I run the collation conversion utility, it prompted to enter the details like destination host name, instance name, db admin user name, db user name, default db and application name. When I enter all the details and hit the enter button, the window closed. Nothing happening. Please give me a solution as soon as possible.

9 REPLIES 9
SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine
(To:kkr2606)

Try to start AlterDatabaseCollation.cmd in Command Prompt.

kkr2606
4-Participant
(To:SergeyEfimov)

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried that. The same thing happened. Please let me know if you know some other details.

Do you have a log file generated in scudirectory\collation_conversion\logs? If yes, please share that

kkr2606
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

No Binesh. The conversion process didn't even started. Hence, No logs generated. The folder is empty only.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

You need to take screenshots by steps.

First step in the script is creating log directories and scripts, are could you run the command prompt as an administrator? You can run through the commands in AlterDatabaseCollation section by section or add echo statements to see where it breaks

First question is SQL Server Host Name )

24.png

kkr2606
4-Participant
(To:SergeyEfimov)

Hello Sergey,

While installing the windchill 11, It has prompted to create a database user; I have created user A. Then, while restoring my old backup to sql 2014, users over-wrote. So the user A deleted from sql server database, (which is associated with windchill). I have only old users (as I had in sql 2008). But in db.properties file, the dbuser is marked as the user 'A'.

While running the collation conversion utility, which user I have to enter and what I have to change here ?

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

You will specify the user in the upgrade process.

May be you need to restore SQL User.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS191091

Top Tags