cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Compare properties files in a cluster using VisualVM the easy way!

Andrewdelk
1-Newbie

Compare properties files in a cluster using VisualVM the easy way!

Hello everyone,

I would like to say that using VisualVM to administer my system is by far the easiest way to operate.  Not only can I e-mail support all of my logs and settings from this console, (yes I use SCC also). I can also restart all of the MethodServers, all of the BGMS, all of ServerManagers,one at a time or all together,  the list goes on and on.  To compare all of a particular properties file and send yourself or whomever the results, simply perform the following steps:

1.  Connect to any node you wish via VisualVm.  Use whatever client you like, but I use this.

*For this we will use db.properties, however all properties files are listed there*

2.  Navigate to "Node">com.ptc>MethodServers>WhicheverMethodServerInstanceyoulike.1234>com.ptc>PropertiesManager>db>db.properties

3.  Click on db.properties

4.  In the right panel you will now see the "Attributes" tab highlighted.  Click "Operations".

5.  Find emailClusterPropertyComparison > Enter your e-mail address. 

VisualVM_092012_ClusterComparison.png

6.  You will receive an e-mail shortly comparing the differences, if any. It will tell you if none are found.

I hope this is informative for you all.  VisualVM is awesome.  I simply wouldn't like my job if I couldn't use it.

Thanks,

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags