cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Compare properties files in a cluster using VisualVM the easy way!

Andrewdelk
1-Newbie

Compare properties files in a cluster using VisualVM the easy way!

Hello everyone,

I would like to say that using VisualVM to administer my system is by far the easiest way to operate.  Not only can I e-mail support all of my logs and settings from this console, (yes I use SCC also). I can also restart all of the MethodServers, all of the BGMS, all of ServerManagers,one at a time or all together,  the list goes on and on.  To compare all of a particular properties file and send yourself or whomever the results, simply perform the following steps:

1.  Connect to any node you wish via VisualVm.  Use whatever client you like, but I use this.

*For this we will use db.properties, however all properties files are listed there*

2.  Navigate to "Node">com.ptc>MethodServers>WhicheverMethodServerInstanceyoulike.1234>com.ptc>PropertiesManager>db>db.properties

3.  Click on db.properties

4.  In the right panel you will now see the "Attributes" tab highlighted.  Click "Operations".

5.  Find emailClusterPropertyComparison > Enter your e-mail address. 

VisualVM_092012_ClusterComparison.png

6.  You will receive an e-mail shortly comparing the differences, if any. It will tell you if none are found.

I hope this is informative for you all.  VisualVM is awesome.  I simply wouldn't like my job if I couldn't use it.

Thanks,

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags