cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Content Files missing from Vaults

VivekUchekar
2-Guest

Content Files missing from Vaults

Hi, we rehost our Windchill 8.0 Server,

We copy all vaults to respective locations,

After doing all these stuffs our CAD users found some of components are missing from ASM files.

then we run this command:

windchill wt.fv.WContentVerify -folders=defaultcachefolder1

we found the log files stated that 31000 files are missing, but when we crosscheck with files name and location we found all these files are present in respective folder.

Please Suggest solution for same.

How to fix this issue.

Vivek

5 REPLIES 5

Log into the External Storage Administrator/Vault Configuration. Sites/master/Vaults. Do they have the paths you expect? Validate them

Hi Matthew,

Than ks for Reply,

Now our Missing files are validated but some of Files says that SIZE MISMATCH.

How can we FIX the Size Mismatch error for These Files.

I've never encountered that. Is it size mismatch because the new ones are zero length files? What tool did you use to copy them? Did you copy them to a different os or different type of file system?

Hi Matthew,

we just Copy and Paste these files,

and the OS of Both system was same.

We searched these files from orignal location that was same size which was on new system, but still contentvericication utilites says, File Size Mismatch.

I go through Performance tunning guide also, but there is no docs regarding SIZE Mismatch.

I wish I could help but I don't know. Did you run the content verification tool before moving the files? I'm wondering if you had the size mismatch problem before moving them.

Top Tags