cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Could anybody tell me the following packages in which JAR file?

kshu
1-Newbie

Could anybody tell me the following packages in which JAR file?

Could anybody tell me the following packages in which JAR file? I'm using Windchill 10.1 M050. Thanks a lot!

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.doc.*

com.ptc.windchill.option.model.*

com.ptc.windchill.option.service.*

com.ptc.wpcfg.deliverables.*

10 REPLIES 10
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:kshu)

Based on the module installed typically you will find your packages in below jars.

DocumentStrutureBrowser.jar

DocumentManagement.jar

wncWeb.jar

OptionsCore.jar

wnc.jar

OptionsMigrators-windu.jar

OptionsMigrators-winru.jar

DDLBasic.jar

kshu
1-Newbie
(To:KD)

Thanks very much!

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

You can use the Which command to find out the resource jar for any class or package. From a Windchill shell, run the command java wt.util.jmx.Which

whichcommand.JPG

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Thank you!

habat
4-Participant

Kouryo - As underlined by Binesh, you can use "Which" utility from a Windchill shell with "java" or "windchill" using "/" (instead of .) in order to separate the various java packages

2015-12-30_WNC_11_Which_Usage_for_PTC_Community_Thead.jpg

kshu
1-Newbie
(To:habat)

Thank you!

ddemay
1-Newbie

Be careful what jar file you use, packages are split among multiple jar files. Therefore, it is best to use an IDE like Eclipse to add all jars to a project classpath and use the java search features to locate where a class, method, or other information is stored (and to do this from full/maintence release/CPS to later)  and recompile as needful.

kshu
1-Newbie
(To:ddemay)

Thank you!

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:ddemay)

Note that if Which tells you a given class is found only in codebase and you don't want to have codebase in your compilation classpath (or can't), then you can either:

1. Create a jar from all classes in codebase (e.g. via a short Ant script) or
  2. Find the appropriate jar under WT_HOME/srclib to add to your classpath, e.g. srclib/wnc/Foundation.jar

You can use Which to help in #2, but it's not especially simple or easy.  You can append WT_HOME/srclib/wnc/* (using the "*" wildcard, not listing all the jars) to your shell's classpath and then run Which to search jars in WT_HOME/srclib/wnc in addition to those in the usual server classpath.  Unfortunately, you can't just add WT_HOME/srclib/*/* to your shell's classpath.  If this is a common stumbling block then perhaps an enhancement request to Which is in order.

ybagul
1-Newbie

for Windows OS, following command works.

forfiles /S /M *.jar /C "cmd /c jar -tvf @file | findstr /C:"myClass" && echo @path"

Top Tags