cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create a PDF with Windchill Revision Added to Filename - Distributed Batch

BrettL.
11-Garnet

Create a PDF with Windchill Revision Added to Filename - Distributed Batch

Hello All,

We are currently using Creo 3.0 M030 and Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M050 and have been using distributed batch to create several pdf files of released Windchill Drawings.

.ttd files have been created and a local config.pro for the batch process

Is there a convenient way to add the the current Windchill revision to the filename during the batch creation? Can a line be added to the .ttd file to accomplish the task?

Attached is the .ttd file that we are using.

Example:      123456.drw Rev A   →   Desired Output Format:   →   123456-Rev-A.pdf

Thanks

BL

2 REPLIES 2
gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:BrettL.)

We used additional file types to create vis and PTC support told me (at least using additional file types) that this is not possible. May be support is wrong.

This would help is out too. We use the published PDF and having revision details on the pdf would be great.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gmehta)

I pushed tech support pretty hard on this as well and received the same answer.  Answer from R&D:

There is no way we can support such a customization, and the tag I thought we might be able to use isn’t used in the class, so we would need to modify the compiled class which isn’t supported.

I created a product idea requesting this capability:  Dynamically Name Additional Files   The last response I heard on the idea was this:

They don’t have plans to implement this fix right away;

I can’t track the Product Managers schedule for when they might decide to implement it.

Our solution for the time being is to use Flexible Light Search from Wincom Consulting.  This tool will dynamically append the revision to the filename when the user attempts to download any additional file:

fls_rev.PNG

Top Tags