cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creating BOM structure with Linked Material from Pro/E

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

Creating BOM structure with Linked Material from Pro/E

Hi folks,

I'm interested to see if anybody is doing anything "creative" with building BOM structures in Windchill to include material?

A simple, yet tedious way I expect is to have wtparts created for your materials and adding them to the BOM strucuture of products manually in Windchill. So I might have a part representing .04" 6061-T6 Alum. and thenlink that to my sheetmetal part in a BOM with a given quantity.

What I'd really like to see is a material file in Pro/Ebeing added to a Pro/E sheetmetal part and then that driving theBOM strucutre in Windchill, so I never have to go find the material that should be associated to the Pro/E file and manually add it to the BOM.

Thankyou,

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

1 REPLY 1

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Unfortunately I didn't get any feedback besides yours. I tried using bulk parts, but they're just not doing what I need.

Maybe it can be done programmatically in Windchill with a parameter from the Pro/E material file that somehow gets hooked up (associated) to a wtpart.

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

Top Tags