cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo AFX (Advanced Framework Extension) and Windchill Product Structure (WTParts)

msteed
12-Amethyst

Creo AFX (Advanced Framework Extension) and Windchill Product Structure (WTParts)

Greetings,

We are looking into implementing Product Structure for our Creo content and I was wondering how to handle AFX created CAD parts? While I can see creating a WTPart for the weldment assembly level, I am not sure about the individual beams. Should these be image linked to a WTPart representing a corresponding piece of stock (Ex. 4"x4"x1/4" x 20' LG, ASTM A500)?

As of this writing, we are using Creo 9 and Windchill 12.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Matt

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I hope that @SamuelBrantner can give you some advice.

Martin Hanák
msteed
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you, Martin.

Matt

Hi @msteed ,

I guess this is more a windchill question than an AFX question. I can't give you any advice there I am afraid.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you, Samuel.

Best regards,

Matt

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:msteed)

We use AFX and Windchill here. We put each part into Windchill. Naming them is up to your organization, but we use the assembly number as the AFX prefix and then an incremental number as we add more objects to the structure. Our designers have not learned the principle of part reuse, so we have many parts in our structure that are identical, some with in the same assembly and others in different assemblies. When it comes to our drawing BOM, we use an AR for the quantity. (I do not agree with this, but engineering management is, so I have no say in that matter.)

msteed
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you, Ben.

Are you associating (manually or automatically) the AFX CAD parts or assemblies to WTParts?

Matt

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:msteed)

We are setup for auto-association so the WTparts are created at check-in time.

msteed
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Very good information. Thank you for your responses, Ben.

Best regards,

Matt

Top Tags