cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Creo Drawing changes not saving after check-in

Matt_C
7-Bedrock

Creo Drawing changes not saving after check-in

As per the original post

Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem? It will happen at random times to me as well.  There are no other users involved, just me checking out, making changes, checking back in.  Then when I go to check out the drawing again (typically it has stayed in the workspace), the changes have reverted back.  Often just some of the changes disappear, sometimes all of them.  Maybe I am not using Save, Save and Upload, Upload, etc in the correct way? Or, do I need to empty the workspace every time after I do a check-in? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Matt_C)

I wouldn't think so, as long as everything is properly saved. Was the note parametric to the model in any way? If the change in no way affects the model (dimension change, change of a note in the drawing that is tied to a model annotation, etc) then you shouldn't have to check out, check in the model. If the change modified the model, you will get the little blue plus next to it in the modified status column.  If your workspace view doesn't have that column, you will need to add it.

jbailey_0-1691512499454.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jbailey
17-Peridot

Are the changes you are making changing the model?

Matt_C
7-Bedrock
(To:jbailey)

I don't think so. It seems to be (at least the last few times once I started paying closer attention) primarily text on the drawing.  The drawing today that had this issue was removing a note and filling in revision history.  Weld symbols were changed also but these changes did not revert back. 

Thanks!

jbailey
17-Peridot

I have seen this happen before where you make the change in the drawing and the model is modified... then you check in the drawing but never check in the model. I have also seen oddities when the workspace becomes "inactive"

Matt_C
7-Bedrock

So it would be good to always check out/in the model along with the drawing even if the changes are not tied to the model exactly, like a note?  That would apply to this drawing I have today, didn't think there was any reason to bother checking in/out the model- normally I do. 

I do feel like I do a decent amount of jumping around between workspaces throughout the day... do I need to make sure to check in everything before activating a different workspace or what have you seen to be best for that? 

jbailey
17-Peridot

I wouldn't think so, as long as everything is properly saved. Was the note parametric to the model in any way? If the change in no way affects the model (dimension change, change of a note in the drawing that is tied to a model annotation, etc) then you shouldn't have to check out, check in the model. If the change modified the model, you will get the little blue plus next to it in the modified status column.  If your workspace view doesn't have that column, you will need to add it.

jbailey_0-1691512499454.png

Matt_C
7-Bedrock

Ok, good to know. The note was not parametric to the model.  I'll keep an eye on the blue plus symbol!

Thanks for your help

Matt_C
7-Bedrock

Since trying this, I haven't noticed the issue.

Thanks again. 

mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite

Changes that don't get uploaded/checked in even when the picks are made could also be caused by a corrupted local cache.  Might be worth uploading/checking in the changes from all current workspaces, deleted or renaming the .cache2008 folder, and restarting Creo.

Thanks for the tip. Could you explain or point me to info on how to delete or rename that folder?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I have seen certain changes not get checked in when you think they should. One example is to change the value of a parameter and it will not check-in as the system does NOT see that as a modification to the file. Maybe this example needs to be reported as a bug!

Be sure to watch the messages at the bottom of the screen to be sure that the check-in was successful.

We also set Windchill so it always does a save and upload when a save is performed. This puts the file in the server side workspace as well as local workspace.

Top Tags