cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo Illustrate direct-link

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

Creo Illustrate direct-link

Has anyone used the direct connection between Creo Illustrate and Windchill that comes with Illustrate 4.1? What are the pros/cons you've experienced with the direct connection?  I prefer the concept of a workspace in WWGM where we can do work before uploading that to commonspace in Windchill. I'd like feedback before we commit to upgrading to 4.1.

6 REPLIES 6
byork
17-Peridot
(To:tmenadue)

Out of curosity what version of PDMLink are you using? You need 11.0 M030 to use 4.1 at all and you can still use the WWGM.  That is how I am currently running.  Real like some of the improvements in 4.1.

tmenadue
7-Bedrock
(To:byork)

We're on WC 11.0 M030.

I cannot find any instruction or documentation on how to search for my content using the direct connect. It allows me to browse through the folders, but you can imagine how that goes. Browsing through WC is terribly slow. I expected to be able to type in my number in the search field, just like WC...and that doesn't work.

byork
17-Peridot

Did you need to do anything different in the setup?  Or does it just work out of the box that way?  How did you connect to the server?  

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

It seemed rather intuitive to connect to the server. In the options you can select direct connection or Workgroup Manager (pic1). Clicking the +Add... button allows you to add the server. That all works, and it does connect after a login screen comes up when you go to File Open or Import.  But from there, in either the Import or File Open window, I can't search anything using the top Search area, or the bottom File name area.

pic1.PNGpic2.PNG

byork
17-Peridot

Hmm I can't connect that way.  What CPS are you on?  We are using CPS007.  You can download the WWGM from PTC and still use it though. 

2017-11-30_19-59-38.jpg

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

We are on CPS04. We are still using WWGM for production. I'm only testing the direct link...so far it's not impressing me.

Top Tags