cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View Not Launching

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Creo View Not Launching

I have looked at the other Creo View not launching items and it is not the same issue.  I had a user that was able to launch Creo View a few times this morning and then all of a sudden it stopped.  We killed the agent process but that didn't work.  There was no popup for entering credentials.  We tried to uninstall and reinstall Creo View.  I tried to delete temp files and rename the AppData files related to PTC, even a reboot and nothing worked for that user.  However, if I run the browser as an admin under their login, it works.  It created a c:\users directory for the admin so all of the related files were put there.

Windchill 11.1m020cps08

10 REPLIES 10

Do you have the latest version of Creo View installed?  7.1 I think?

No, we are on Creo View 6.0.0.0

Try it with 7.1 or whatever the latest is now.

We just upgrade PDMLink 2 weeks ago from 11.0 M030 to 12.0.1.2 and 7.1 works with 11.0 so it will work with your 11.1.

I'm not saying 7.1 will fix your issue but it can't hurt to try.

@STEVEG What do I need to do to get this to the user?  I tried it on my computer and the stand alone download install did not work.  I've only done updates to CreoView during upgrades.

-UPDATE... For whatever reason my computer was super slow after installation so now it is working.

So everything is good now?

So the strange thing is that it did the same thing for the user.  It worked a few times and then it stopped.  We got a support person and did some debugging.  It seems there were access issues.  I ended up setting the Local Internet setting to Low and it was working again.  I'm now working with IT about how to get this implemented since they control it and at changes back all the time.

@STEVEG  @Chris3  - What finally worked was having the user set the Internet Properties -> Local Internet -> to Low.  Once I did this on their machine, the user has had no issues. 

We had a similar issue and the cause was dual factor authentication and the browser caching the passwords. The browser was caching the passwords for longer than the passwords timed out. Clearing all of the "cookies and other data" removed the cached values and caused it to start working again until the passwords expired. We fixed it by changing the dual factor authentication.

The user is inside the building.  we use Windchill DS for our Windchill logins right now.  Me as a local admin do not have the same issue.

Top Tags