I have looked at the other Creo View not launching items and it is not the same issue. I had a user that was able to launch Creo View a few times this morning and then all of a sudden it stopped. We killed the agent process but that didn't work. There was no popup for entering credentials. We tried to uninstall and reinstall Creo View. I tried to delete temp files and rename the AppData files related to PTC, even a reboot and nothing worked for that user. However, if I run the browser as an admin under their login, it works. It created a c:\users directory for the admin so all of the related files were put there.
Try it with 7.1 or whatever the latest is now.
We just upgrade PDMLink 2 weeks ago from 11.0 M030 to 188.8.131.52 and 7.1 works with 11.0 so it will work with your 11.1.
@STEVEG What do I need to do to get this to the user? I tried it on my computer and the stand alone download install did not work. I've only done updates to CreoView during upgrades.
-UPDATE... For whatever reason my computer was super slow after installation so now it is working.
So the strange thing is that it did the same thing for the user. It worked a few times and then it stopped. We got a support person and did some debugging. It seems there were access issues. I ended up setting the Local Internet setting to Low and it was working again. I'm now working with IT about how to get this implemented since they control it and at changes back all the time.
We had a similar issue and the cause was dual factor authentication and the browser caching the passwords. The browser was caching the passwords for longer than the passwords timed out. Clearing all of the "cookies and other data" removed the cached values and caused it to start working again until the passwords expired. We fixed it by changing the dual factor authentication.