cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View (not ProductView) in Windchill 9.1

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Creo View (not ProductView) in Windchill 9.1

Hi everyone, I'm confused about what is going on with the visualization / publishing software installation in our Windchill 9.1

Can anyone help me who has upgraded ProductView to Creo View 2.0?

More background:

I upgraded ProductView adapters to Creo View adapters on our remote machine that our Windchill server uses to publish jobs.

Now our parts, assemblies and drawings are being published to Creo View representations and stored in Windchill and I can open these with Creo View 2.0 Lite that I installed on my computer... So far so good.

When I was installing Creo View 2.0 - Client 2.0 on my computer, I noticed on the "Before You Begin" information page, that: "The Creo View clients can be installed into the Windchill Services installation, where they are available for downloading to client systems."

So I attempted to install on our Windchill Server and the first stumbling block was the installer asked me where the Windchill Services installation is...

I used the path ..\Windchill (that is where my windchill shell starts). Then the installation program prompted me with options to make the Creo View-Client available for download (via the Utilities page of Windchill...) and to use interacive 3D thumbnails, etc...

I thought this worked well; after the installation, I noted there are now new files on the server:

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\pview\CreoView_32.msi and

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\pview\CreoView_64.msi

In addition, there is a bunch of help documentation about Creo View in ..\Windchill\codebase\wt\helpfiles\help_de\online\pvmcad

But the problem is, when I open in my web browser to the Windchill's Site->Utilities page, it still presents me with the old ProductView Client for download; and following that link seems to point to these files:

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\ProductView_all_32.msi

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\ProductView_all_64.msi

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\ProductView_web_32.msi

..\Windchill\codebase\wtcore\jsp\wvs\download\i486_nt_productview\ProductView_web_32.msi

Also, the "About Windchill Link" still shows that ProductView - ProductView Client (vizpviewrun.9.1.60.23-02) is still being used.

So I don't think the Creo View installation on the Windchill Server worked...

Where did I go wrong?

Thank you all in advance for your consideration,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at the below article on Creo View compatibility with Windchill 9.1:
https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18728

Under the Installation part of the Caveats section, it shows the following:

• Creo View installation from the Windchill 9.1 Software Downloads Page is not possible
  • Installation must be performed separately on the client machine, from the Creo View media or installer executable

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Take a look at the below article on Creo View compatibility with Windchill 9.1:
https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18728

Under the Installation part of the Caveats section, it shows the following:

• Creo View installation from the Windchill 9.1 Software Downloads Page is not possible
  • Installation must be performed separately on the client machine, from the Creo View media or installer executable
Top Tags