cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Cross Version Import

ptc-908936
1-Newbie

Cross Version Import

Since PTC does not support cross version import I turn to the community for help. I have two WC system v8 and v9 with the v8 system scheduled to be decommissioned on April 30. I need to export/import the data from v8 to v9 and I have already set the attribute to allow cross version import. I need help on the mapping rules to exclude attributes that are in V9 but not V8 as the import fails when it comes across these.

The following is the error message I receive when trying to import the data into v9.

Import is in progress ...Started object creation process ... Extra IBA value (attribute type: "StringValue", path: "LM_RELEASE_DATE_EX", value: "null") is found with respect to import for : "WTTypeDefinitions - wt.doc.WTDocument" IMPORT RESULT :FAILED

One thought I had is to use the mapping rules to ignore these attributes that are from the v9 but I need assistance in setting up the xsl file. I am reading through the manual and will be trying to create the rules as this message awaits answers. The other thought I had was to add the attributes from v9 to v8 and then redo the exports/imports to see if that would work.

Any help and thoughts are greatly appreciated

Dave

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags