cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Custom Dispositions, Affected Objects of Change Tasks

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Custom Dispositions, Affected Objects of Change Tasks

Ref Help Topic:Setting the Disposition of Affected Objects.

We haven't yet but are planning on adding some custom Dispositions. Having a bit of trouble with the documentation. Can get one to display and work but when adding a second, the first is removed. Wondering if anyone has done this and might have a "Cheat Sheet" on it.

3 REPLIES 3

Mike,
Yes, I have added 2 new disposition columns to our systems. PTC has documented<">https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS143582&posno=2&q=adding%20dispositions&nav=> this process. I have my own documentation and code if you need it.

Mike Ibosh
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:MikeIbosh)

I am on the same adventure here. I have read the customizer's guide and knowledge base.  Most of the code is done but suprised at the utter lack of complete documentation.  The guide answer the important questions like how the attributes are created and what to extend.  Example code would have been nice.  I understand the views and XML configuration. Since we are using global attributes, no DB customization which is nice but why is it necessary to provide code on getting and setting these values?  Thought that would be a bit more automatic, like adding an attribute to a Part. I will post a write up to the blog when complete. 

I totally understanding your point! I also can't understand why PTC won't update those links that each attribute will be viewable and modifiable like on the other link types like the usage link. There should be no customization necessary. 

Perhaps once we will get a new PDMLink change management? I still like the change management, but on my point of few we are on the same level as 10 years ago. There's absolutly no inovation, ok the flexible links and the mass-changes are ok, but the rest, is still manual thinking and almost no help for the user.

Top Tags