cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Custom discussion forum notifications

ptc-454161
1-Newbie

Custom discussion forum notifications

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to go about modifying the notifications that are sent out when someone is subscribed to a discussion forum. Ideally, I would like to have a different notification based on the document type that the forum is linked to. I am currently developing for 8.0 but hope to be upgrading to 9.1 in the next couple weeks. Thank you, Scott
4 REPLIES 4

Does anyone have any experience in customizing any email notifications? If I could be shown how to do it on something other than a discussion forum posting, that would be fine as well. I can use that info to figure out the rest to get what I need. Thank you, Scott

You can try to turn on mail verbose and look what processors are making this notification. And than think over what to do. Maybe it need to decompile those class and add case of different documents.
4c29d08356
Or I can suggest another way – make listener service that will hear creation of message in forum and send notification by itself.

Hi, If you only want to change the format such as adding some information (Text) in forum email then, you can update forumNotification.html located in <WIndchill HOME>/codebase/templates/PolicyNotification. But you cannot display more attributes, such as Creator, Modified Date etc, because all these are in hard code. Thanks, Dattatray

Is there a way to take out the links at the bottom of the task email? So the users do not get confused on which link to select?
Top Tags