cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Customizing Export to PDF template

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Customizing Export to PDF template

I am trying to customize the BOM export to PDF under the structures tab. Any changes I make to the XSLFO.XSL file do not seem do anything. I'd like to add the filename, company name/logo in the header and change the color scheme. Does anyone have any tips? Do I need to run a command to update the template files once they are edited?

Aaronm87_0-1594756169999.png

3 REPLIES 3
Karthik_PLM
4-Participant
(To:Aaronm87)

Hi,

This would need customization. I had created a PDF export (with customer logo) for one of my customer, I can share sample code and related files with you. You can reach me at karthik@teamspringg.com OR ketan@teamspringg.com .. and I will revert back with file and steps.

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Could you share the code also with me? We have a similar requirement and we were thinking initially to use an excel template.

Alex

Hi @Alex1988 

You can use the excel file as a template with all formatting as you need.

You just need to write a code that load this template fill it with your data values ,and save as a new excel file.

If you need PDF you need to find any excel to pdf convertor library, or you can use itext to generate own PDF directly without excel file.  

PetrH

Top Tags