cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Customizing the "new promotion request" window

dask
1-Newbie

Customizing the "new promotion request" window

Hi.

I'd like to add a checkbox to the "new promotion request window", how does one go about doing this ?

The checkbox itself should set a boolean attribute in a promotion workflow.

I've read through the customization guide and ive got the impression that this could possibly be done by editing *actionmodel.xml/*actions.xml files, but i cant seem to find the right one.

/BR

5 REPLIES 5
RocketMan
1-Newbie
(To:dask)

Hi Dask,

What is it that you're trying to acheive as the end result? When you say "new promotion request window," you mean the one that displays to the person initiating the promotion request, correct? If so, that window has several steps - are you looking to put the checkbox in a particular step?

I've spent lots of hours fooling with the promotion request windows, but I'm not a programmer so I would say I'm mildly familiar with a good chunk of it.

Thanks.

dask
1-Newbie
(To:RocketMan)

Hi Ben!

Yes it is the window displayed to the user initiating the promotion request, and it's particularly the first step in which i would like to add my checkbox.

RocketMan
1-Newbie
(To:dask)

Hi Dask,

I'm afraid I wasn't able to find any way to accomplish this. What was thinking of - which doesn't help you, I don't think - is the ability to edit the task form that the approver/reviewers see once the promotion request is submitted by the one initiating it.

What is it you're trying to accomplish exactly? There may be another way to get it to do what you want.

Thanks.

Hi Dask,

We have done this in our 10.1 environment. What you need to do is to add a Boolean attribute for your yes/no option to the Promotion Request type (or a subtype of it) in the Type and Attribute Manager. After that the information can be queried with a bit of Java code in your Promotion Request Review and/or Promotion Request Approval workflow. Use the new LWC<sorry I forgot the name right now> method which can return all kinds of attributes including IBA's.

The *actionmodel.xml/*actions.xml stuff is for something different. It's generally used to add user action menu picks to the action menus and a few other places. They do not store values but allows users to trigger - yes you guessed it - actions. What you want here is an attribute.

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:JørnAHansen)

Hi Dask,

Hansen is right I think the new API to retrieve IBA is LWCNormalizedObject

Top Tags