cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

DNS failure after password entry via Windchill web interface...

gheinly
1-Newbie

DNS failure after password entry via Windchill web interface...

I have a user in our organization who attempts to connect to Windchill via the web interface. The connection is established, he's able to put in his username and password, but as soon as he does the next page it tries to load spits out a DNS failure, even though it was able to create a connection to authenticate his password.

Any idea what's going on? I'm somewhat unfamiliar with how the Windchill server processes requests but in terms of host-client connectivity it should be pretty simple. If he uses RDP and accesses the resource from the server itself, the page will load properly after he puts in his password. It's just when he does it locally that he gets a failure. I checked the DNS mapping and it's correctly pointed to the IP of the server.

I could test it myself but I don't have a Windchill account within the server so I can't get past the password entry prompt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem was nothing. Apparently the user just had some extraneous DNS servers on his connection scheme. I promoted the correct one to the top and it solved itself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Problem was nothing. Apparently the user just had some extraneous DNS servers on his connection scheme. I promoted the correct one to the top and it solved itself.

Top Tags