cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Data Pump and Oracle 11.2.0.3.0

dgraham-4
1-Newbie

Data Pump and Oracle 11.2.0.3.0

Anyone out there using Data Pump successfully on 11.2.0.3.0.

I talked with Oracle concerning a known bug in 11.2.0.3.0 but it is
unclear if this bug is a deal breaker when it comes to using data pump.

Any thoughts on this?

David Graham
Windchill Administrator
Pro|ENGINEER Administrator
CAx Administrator

Emhart Glass Manufacturing Inc.
Emhart Glass Research Center
123 Great Pond Drive | Windsor, CT 06095 | USA
Telephone +1 (203) 376-3144 | Telefax +1 (860) 298 7397
Mobile +1 (203) 376-3144 |
3 REPLIES 3

We have been using data pump successfully in Oracle 11.2.0.1. Would be interested in learning if there are any specific issues with 11.2.0.3.

Regards,

Ravi Dharmalingam
ProductSpace Solutions Inc.

One issue which I have faced with Oracle Data Pump with version 11.2.0.3.0 is that import will fail following kind of errors

ORA-39083: Object type INDEX failed to create with error:
ORA-04067: not executed, package body "WCADMIN.WIPPK" does not exist
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "WCADMIN.WIPPK"

According my current understanding it is known bug in Oracle 11.2.0.3.0and it has been reported to Oracle. One workaround (before Oracle has fixed the bug) is to use the legacy import and export functionality instead ofthe data pump to move data between databases.

So, this issue is related only this particular Oracle version, 11.2.0.3. For example, earlier versions of Oracle Data Pump (like 11.2.0.2.0) are working without this kind of problem. I have seen discussions on different forumsthat root cause would be that Oracle has changed export order in Oracle Data Pump 11.2.0.3.0 and it is causing problems during the import. Somebody was actually doing testing where they exported data using Oracle Data Pump 11.2.0.2.0 version and they managed to import the same data succesfully in database which was using Oracle Data Pump 11.2.0.3.0.

Best Regards,

Marko Väätänen

Hello Marko,

We are creating those functioned based indexes manually after import and find the detailed information below.

Oracle Bug 4551560 -- REMAP_SCHEMA DOESN'T WORK FOR FUNCTION BASED INDEX ON USER
DEFINED FUNCTION

Solution
According to Bug 4551560:

The problem is import failed to create functioned based index because the index definition have schema name hard-coded into it.

You can use the workaround:
re-create the involved functioned based indexes manually after import.

expdp/impdp is trying to preserve the definitions at source site and there is no mechanism to change this within the functional based indexes.

This bug was closed by development with status 'not feasible to fix'. This is a limitation of datapump API that isn't allowed to remap the schema in case of function based indexes (will be later documented).

References
Top Tags