cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Dedicated Worker Queues for Publishing

PLMBWIR
1-Newbie

Dedicated Worker Queues for Publishing

Dear All ,

I have need to create Dedicated Worker Queues for my SolidWorks and Pro/E Worker .

I created a new Queue Set for publishing SolidWorks Files alone and mapped it to the worker using agent.ini file .

I also updated the wvs.properties to ensure the SolidWorks Worker Type uses the newly created queue - publish.publishqueue.usesetworkers.forqueueset.SLDW=SOLIDWORKS (SLDW is my new Queue Set)

But I find that my SolidWorks files aren't getting published since it could not find the Worker Type .

Can you please help with me a solution ?

With Regards ,

Sriram Subramanian (Sri)
Office - +1 (314) 862-8000 Extn - 506

6 REPLIES 6
jmomber
9-Granite
(To:PLMBWIR)

Did you set the following property in wvs.properties?

publish.publishqueue.setnames=SLDW

~Jamie

Yes I set that . That's when the queue set got created !
jmomber
9-Granite

Oh that's right. I haven't done this in awhile. I think the first time I created the queues I did it manually. 🙂

Hmm...are you using a custom filter?

No . I think that's where I'm getting stuck . Can I filter Objects based Authoring Application so that only SolidWorks Files gets into the queue ?
jmomber
9-Granite

You certainly can.

Check out the "Filter Method" section of the Windchill Vizualization Services Guide (for 10.1 M040 it is on page 188).

The method signature looks like this:

public static String[ ] methodname(Persistable p, int requestType, int requestSource,

String requestPriority, String requestSet,

String repName, String repDescription)

Inside the method you could check the authoring application of the object being published and specify the queueset to use.

Something like this:

String[] returnElements = {requestPriority, requestSet, repName, repDescription};

EPMDocument epmDoc = (EPMDocument)p;

if(epmDoc.getAuthoringApplication().toString().toUpperCase().equals("SOLIDWORKS"))

{

returnElements[1] = "SLDW";

}

return returnElements;

You'll also have to set a wvs property to tell Windchill to use your new method:

publish.publishqueue.priorities.filtermethod=<class>/<method>

A colleague and I presented our company's implementation of this at PTC Live Global last year. There is a link to the power point hereif it helps.

~Jamie

Thanks Jamie . I'll try this and let you know . thanks again for your help
Top Tags