cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Default CN Task

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Default CN Task

Something changed when I upgraded from 10.2 to 11.0 and the default task that populates when you create a CN has changed.  We have to different soft type CNs.  Each of them have a different soft type Task.  Back in 10.2 I created a template for our "special" CN so that it would populate the soft type for it because the default had been the "normal" CN task.  Now the "special" task is defaulting when the "normal" CN is created.  I cannot create a template for the "normal" CN because there are attributes on the CN that have to be left blank to force the user to answer them and the template will not allow for them to be blank.  So my question is, how do I change it so that the "normal" task will be the default when creating a CN?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BrianToussaint With 11.0 M010 there is an ability to configure relationships between CN and CT in the Change Association Tab.  You would configure which CT type to relate to a CN type in this table.  The relationship type is call Change Implementation Plan.  In the example when you select the Prototype CN the Simple CT is the default task to use based upon the Association definition.  Further use of templates could allow you to automate adding in additional other types that are allowable for a CN.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@BrianToussaint With 11.0 M010 there is an ability to configure relationships between CN and CT in the Change Association Tab.  You would configure which CT type to relate to a CN type in this table.  The relationship type is call Change Implementation Plan.  In the example when you select the Prototype CN the Simple CT is the default task to use based upon the Association definition.  Further use of templates could allow you to automate adding in additional other types that are allowable for a CN.

Thank you @JeffZemsky.  I will look into this but it looks like it will do what I need it to.  I almost have my 11.0 test server up so that I can test this soon.

hi JeffZemsky  

In our case, the item skipped a state (Instead of going to 'Released' state, it went to "Release history' state when the CN Task finished. Is there any item to be checked? 

@ArunPLM I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  Could you add more detail please?

Top Tags