cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Desktop Integration (DTI) and Citrix

JoePriest
8-Gravel

Desktop Integration (DTI) and Citrix

Has anyone successfully installed Desktop Integration (DTI) on a Citrix server? We have installed it but it's not pushing to the user profile when they log in. I was assuming that the registry keys placed into HKLM would propagate into the user session but they aren't. Thanks!

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Happy to announce PTC will be releasing Windchill DTI with full support for both Windows Server and CITRIX multi-user environments with Windchill 10.2_M030 which is expected at the end of February 2015. This was a big project with lots of customer input. I'd like to thank PTC's partner CITRIX and all the individuals and companies who helped validate the early releases and make this project a reality.

dti_citrix.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JoePriest)

This request comes up about once/quarter. Back in the day we used to have some limited support for multi-user environments, but we did not bring it back with the big changes in 9.1 and 10.0. We'd still like to support a multi-user environment.

Contact me directly if you'd like to chat more.

JoePriest
8-Gravel

After doing some initial troubleshooting, we found that .NET v4 wasn't installed on that server. After installing, the Windchill menu appeared for Admins but when a non-Admin Citrix user tried to run it for the first time, it was failing on that initial configuration of DTI. We are trying to work through that issue.

We were a little confused as the DTI client installer ususally prompts to install .NET v4 if it doesn't find it there and this time it didn't.

Scott - what input would you like from customers to help you move back into supporting a multi-user environment such as Citrix. The other multi-user environment would also be multiple people using the same computer. I remember hearing from R&D that this scenario wasn't officially supported either.

Hi Scott,

Is there a certain road map at PTC for supporting Citrix multi user environment?

We are doing a project with our reseller to implement document management. All departments except engineering are working on thin clients running Citrix.

We would really like to introduce document management on these departments, but without desktop integration I think the way of working is too complicated / not user friendly enough for these departmens. They simply will keep on storing their work in the folder structure instead of in Windchill.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Denis Janssen

Denis, PTC is piloting the multi-user DTI application now and expects to release it with the next major release of Windchill after 10.2 M030 with support for CITRIX and Windows Server.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Happy to announce PTC will be releasing Windchill DTI with full support for both Windows Server and CITRIX multi-user environments with Windchill 10.2_M030 which is expected at the end of February 2015. This was a big project with lots of customer input. I'd like to thank PTC's partner CITRIX and all the individuals and companies who helped validate the early releases and make this project a reality.

dti_citrix.jpg

Top Tags