cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Different numbering parameter for initial upload an initial import windchill (Inventor)

Alex_VC
7-Bedrock

Different numbering parameter for initial upload an initial import windchill (Inventor)

Can i use different parameters to set the CAD IDW part number when using save to workspace or import to workspace

We currently have this preference on (To handle legacy data with file names that don't represent our part numbers)

Numbering Parameter (Doesn't distinguish between initial save or initial upload)

Specifies the CAD tool designated parameter or property attribute from which the CAD document number is copied during initial upload.
AV_10364213_1-1664457752066.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Alex_VC)

I am coming at this from a Windchill perspective. Long ago, I had one user who like to name his filenames with descriptive names and did not want to use the part number convention we adopted. We used the number parameter and he was told to put the part numbers in that parameter when he checked in his data.  Everyone else did not have that parameter and the system used the filename as was the default. This might work for you if Creo works anything like Autodesk. Legacy Data would have this parameter and would be used on import. Saved new data would not, once you have things loaded, you can remove this mapping as the number would be locked in a new PTC parameter pushed down by the system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_VC
7-Bedrock

I ment, i there a difference between initial save from CAD of import to workspace (From the wgm)?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I am coming at this from a Windchill perspective. Long ago, I had one user who like to name his filenames with descriptive names and did not want to use the part number convention we adopted. We used the number parameter and he was told to put the part numbers in that parameter when he checked in his data.  Everyone else did not have that parameter and the system used the filename as was the default. This might work for you if Creo works anything like Autodesk. Legacy Data would have this parameter and would be used on import. Saved new data would not, once you have things loaded, you can remove this mapping as the number would be locked in a new PTC parameter pushed down by the system.

Top Tags