cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Difficult WVS Worker FTP problem.

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Difficult WVS Worker FTP problem.

I've had a call open with PTC for a month now and I seem to be getting no closer to a resolution.

I won't give you the full email chain, it runs 13 pages. Here's the cliff notes version.

* We have two networks, let's call them Red & Green. We have PDMLink and a cad worker on each network.

* PDMLink is 9.1-m070, Adapters are 12.1-m060 on each network

* I have FTP configured on the cad workers.

* I've compared the setup of ftp on both machines and they appear to be configured the same.

* Publishing works on our Green network and fails on our Red network.

On the Red network I log in as the user in the auth.properties file and from a command shell ftp to the worker. mkdir, put, get, del all work as expected

When I open a "Windchill shell" and do the commands from there, (using TPI 131615 as a guide), everything works except for the delete command. I get this error when I try to delete:
Command : del /pubtemp/wt.properties
args1 : >> /pubtemp/wt.properties<<
java.io.FileNotFoundException: DELE /pubtemp/wt.properties: 550 The system cannot find the path specified.

at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.readReply(FtpClient.java:236)
at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.issueCommand(FtpClient.java:193)
at com.ptc.wvs.server.util.FTP.rm(FTP.java:411)
at com.ptc.wvs.server.util.FTP.main(FTP.java:720<ftp: ftp.java:720=">)

I've tried changing the syntax of the delete command, can't find anything that works. But the delete problem may be just a red-herring because, I get the same error on the Green network, and it publishes. The real problem comes when you try to publish.

When I try to publish something using the worker the wvs logs show this error:
PROE#.log (with worker running in verbose mode)
1 REPLY 1

Hi David,

Kindly check the following on your worker machine:

1) Does the shared folder on worker machine which receives the cad files have write permissions?

2) Also check if the service "GS Worker Daemon" is running with the user "Local System". If yes, then try to change the Log On type to the user with which you are logging in to worker machine and restart GS Worker Daemon service.

I hope the above points helps you.

Regards,

Karan Narang

Top Tags