cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Displaying attributes on the UI.

vb20202
1-Newbie

Displaying attributes on the UI.

I want to display two of my attributes in the wizard pagethrough the help of resource bundles.Both are enumerated values and has to be shown as a drop down list.

Can anybody please help me with this.Actually I am new to the world of Windchill PDMLinkand undergoing training.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Vibhash Bhardwaj

4 REPLIES 4
Selva
1-Newbie
(To:vb20202)

hi

1. If you have the static list values you can define them as soft type attribute and assign that attribute to the wizard page of the object.Just xml entry is enough

2. If you have dynamic list of values to be shown from the rbinfo file, then define them as soft type attributes and write a datautility, assign this attribute to the object through xconf entry(better soln)

refer the customer's guide and business admin guide for the soft type defintion and datautility.

thanks

selva

hey thanx a lot for your reply Selvam.I really appreciate it.

okay i think as suggested by you,the second options suits me better.Now according to that i have to create a datautility class and then make some changes in the xconf file,...my question is that how to call the rbinfo key value in the data utility class file?I have created a new rbinfo file in which i have defined the attributes.

and also one more clarification i need to have is that i have defined the attributes in the Type & Attribute Manager so is there any need of it?

Hope to get reply from your side.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vibhash

Selva
1-Newbie
(To:vb20202)

RESOURCE= "xxx.test.testRB";

String s = WTMessage.getLocalisedMessage(RESOURCE , testRB.KEY,null);

testRB will be compiled rbinfo class file.

This will fetch the rbinfo entry.

Is it ok?

thanks

selva

Hey

thank you so much Selvam.I thinik i have got the approach and am now working on it.Kindly do clarify this thing as well that are we suppose to create attributes by 'type and attribute manager' or the values will be retrieved by rbinfo?

Thanks

Vibhash

Top Tags