cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Drawing mark up methods?

mdebower
18-Opal

Drawing mark up methods?

Woot! Happy Friday, everybody!!

How are you doing markups on drawings?

We have tried ProductView Lite for marking up drawings, hand markups scanned in, PDF's, TIFFs... We would really like to settle on a single file type and program.

If you markup PDF's what program do you use? Adobe Acrobat is too expensive. We have tried Foxit, and PDF Converter from Nuance, what else is good?

1 REPLY 1

I've used hand markups scanned in, PDF Converter from Nuance, Adobe Acrobat and PTC's ProductView. While hand markups are the most versatile, color scanners make large PDF files, non-color scanners can make your markup hard to follow. Adobe's and Nuance's product are similar, so I switched to the less expensive Nuance software and I don't miss anything that isn't available with it. ProductView is great for simple markups and since the markups are automatically linked to the object, very direct. However, it lacks the markup tools found in the two PDF products.

I have also tried Imaging by Global360 (previously Kodak) and it is excellent for markups in Jpeg and Tiff. The files are small, and you don't need special software to view them (Windows support both file types). The rubber stamp annotation is far superior to the PDF, and it has the ability to directly make annontations part of the file. It cannot, however, protect the file outside of filesystem protections.

Top Tags