cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Opening a previous part version in a workspace

WayneOhashi
1-Newbie

Opening a previous part version in a workspace

Hi all,

I was hoping to call upon the brain trust here at planet PTC. When you work on ProE / Creo outside of windchill and save a part you get a new version of that part every time you save.

eg. abc.prt.1, abc.prt.2, abc.prt.3....etc.

And if you ever made a mistake and wanted to open a previously saved version of the part, you could.

Now I am working on Creo and Windchill 9.0. When I save a part in my workspace, I can see in my top menu bar that the part name always stays at abc.prt.1 and it never iterates to abc.prt.2. It looks like every time I save the part it overwrites the file instead of iterating like it does outside of windchill. Is there a way to get Windchill to save part iterations in your workspace?

Thanks,

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne

No "versions" (similar to .1, .2 etc) get saved in the Windchill workspace.

You can do either "File - Check In" - it saves as many "backups" as you need and stores them as iterations in Windchill or just "File - Backup" to save the "backups" on your local disk.

Hi Wayne

there is another discussion on the same topic

http://communities.ptc.com/message/168198#168198

check If you get any useful tips

Regards

K.Mahanta

I'm not sure, but I believe Windchill does support undo frames and you may be able to set how many to retain. This will give you the ability to review an old "save" in session, while still being able to get back to the current version. This will work while still in session.

If you are looking to keep iterations, then checking in from Pro/E (not saving) would create those iterations permanently. To view, you would have to either create a different workspace and add the iteration to that workspace, or remove the current iteration from the current workspace and then add the earlier version. Going back to the latest version can be done by "updating" the object.

Announcements

Top Tags