cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawings thumbnails and zoom in/out pan

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite

Drawings thumbnails and zoom in/out pan

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Is it possible to doa zoom in or out in a drawing thumbnail? My client is saying he could do it in previous version of Windchill.

Description:

My client is getting persistent about Drawings thumbnails and zoom in/out pan. He keeps saying that he could zoom in/out in the thumbnail of a drawing previously. But i cant find any information about this neither test.
A 3D object you can spin, zoom in out in the thumbnails, no problem there, but with drawings cant do it. 

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
9 REPLIES 9
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:MarianaSousa)

Hi ,

this seems to be expected behavior at least in the stand alone browser , have made article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS251743 public

Fede

Hi @MarianaSousa 

Your client talks about the possibility inside a creo mechanism and the Creo Express feature in the workspace.

NeverEver can be possible to zoom in/out in the standalone browser. 

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I didnt make myself very clear, sorry about that. 

In standalone you really cant perform any zoom or pan, but accordingly to this case you can do it in the embedded browser, And that its not working properly https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS251743 

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa

Hi @MarianaSousa 

As @vdegaonkar said. This functionality has been removed in Creo 9. 

it is good to know 😄

PetrH 

vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

This functionality is no more supported in Windchill not even in embedded browser (sing creo 9 onwards support for IE is removed and uses Chrome as default embedded browser, which does not load Creo View Express in session).

If you are really looking for contextual visualization of Drawing (embedded in Windchill similar to Visualization Tab for Part Structure) then this would be product improvement and I would suggest raise a Product Idea for same.

Hi @vdegaonkar 

Good to know that Creo View Express is not used in Creo explorer any more.

Thanks.

PetrH

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite
(To:vdegaonkar)

hi @vdegaonkar 

Does PTC have an article about not being supported anymore? 

Yes, I've tested in standalone browser and also on the embedded browser, and couldnt zoom for sure.

That could explain why my customer told me that he could do it before, he was on Creo 3 and WCH, now he´s on Creo 9 and WCH

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

Please refer the article for more information https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS276231

Hello @MarianaSousa

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags