cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Edit discrete set on attributes of a soft-type programatically

bagul.yogesh
1-Newbie

Edit discrete set on attributes of a soft-type programatically

Windchill Gurus,

We have a need to add new values to discrete set of attribute(s) of soft-type(s) programtically. We are still on 9.1, planning to go to 10.2 soon. Has anyone done anything on these lines or point us in right direction?

Thanks,

Yogesh

2 REPLIES 2

HI Yogesh,

I guess you are not talking or tried the OOTB loaders for sub-types with additional configured attributes. Are you looking for that? Why would you need it programatically? I would just run the loaders with the additional attributes. It's done for classification and sub-document types.

Or are you specifically looking for a listener to constantly add attributes if updated so the past legacy is not changed? Just need to know why programmatically. Or do you need to programmatically create the xml file from your database to auto load the new attributes from a tabulated list or ERP system?

Patrick

In Reply to Yogesh Bagul:

Windchill Gurus,

We have a need to add new values to discrete set of attribute(s) of soft-type(s) programtically. We are still on 9.1, planning to go to 10.2 soon. Has anyone done anything on these lines or point us in right direction?

Thanks,

Yogesh

Patrick,

We do use OOTB loaders heavily. Actually thats the only way we load new attributes/values for soft-types now. As per my understanding, it has a manual step to remove all existing attributes from soft-type before running load file command. I am not sure if there is a way to load only the new attributes/values with existing ones already there with loader. Please let me know if its possible.

Here is the reson we need it. Our business manages a lot of product information with attributes (and its values). Our typical product has 50+ attribtes. Some attributes can have 100+ values. And this list grows each month. Its tightly controlled by admins now. Users are asking for a way so that they can add one value on "as needed" basis. So we are looking into potential solutions for this.

Yogesh

Announcements

Top Tags