cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Editing CAD structure in Windchill

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Editing CAD structure in Windchill

Basic question, can I edit or even build a CAD structure in Windchill?

My scenario:

We need to save annotations sets with exploded conditions from Creo View back into PDMLink

Top level WTpart cannot be used to create the Annotation sets because the geometry is not correctly placed as not all levels have CAD associations early in the lifecycle.

So we must use the CAD structure (again it exists as it is defined in Creo but it is not associated up to the top level WT structure) to create our Annotation sets.

We don't want to save the Annotation sets to the Top level CAD document (Whole vehicle.asm), instead we want some users to be able to create an assembly (Exploded.asm) then add the top level CAD assembly into it so they can save the Annotation set. This way the annotation sets are only visible to those who have created them.

Users CAD document:		Exploded.asm	<Annotation sets from Creo View saved at this level
¦
Top level CAD document: >Whole_vehicle.asm

Where it falling over is that to make this very simple structure at present I have to do it in CAD, can I do it in Windchill as I would have in Teamcenter Structure manager for example?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags