cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Electronic Signature and problematic special characters

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Electronic Signature and problematic special characters

This ptc article explains how length and special characters can cause errors when people electronically sign change tasks:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS245000?source=search

We have seen this in the past and increased the length already so that leaves special characters. The logs show this message: 

wt.org.electronicIdentity.SignatureInvalidException: Password for signature is invalid.

Checking my logs, I am seeing a handful of users experiencing this but one also states that sometimes its working and I am not seeing a widespread issue. Only really change has been new laptop deployments with Windows 11 roll out. If it is a problematic special character, it would make sense that only some users see it and we can advise to avoid that. Strange since passwords MUST include special characters so we just need to know what to avoid if that is truly the issue.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Odd, user showed me that this error was caused by a bad password. I thought error would have shown differently if password was wrong like indicating such. They also indicated they swear they got the password right and it still gave them an issue. I have see esignature result in password lock outs. I wonder if AD locked them but unlocked them automatically after some elapsed time. hmmm.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Odd, user showed me that this error was caused by a bad password. I thought error would have shown differently if password was wrong like indicating such. They also indicated they swear they got the password right and it still gave them an issue. I have see esignature result in password lock outs. I wonder if AD locked them but unlocked them automatically after some elapsed time. hmmm.

Announcements

Top Tags