cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Email notifications to non domain emails

ktabor2700
1-Newbie

Email notifications to non domain emails

All,

The company I work for has recently merged with another company and the new company would like to have email notifications sent to them.I have set the wt.mail property and all of the users on mydomain (we'll sayxxxx@abccompany.com) are able to receive notifications. The users on their domain (we'll say xxxx@xyzcompany.com) do not receiveanything, i have tried to do an email page and set upsubscriptions andthey stilldo not receive. I can send an email to them from theaccount that weuse for the notification (windchill@abccompany.com) directly from OWA. If anyone has any idea why this isnt working can you please let me know.

Thanks for all your help,

Kyle Tabor

3 REPLIES 3

Every mail server setup can function a bit differently...ESPECIALLY with anonymous emails. Do you have Windchill setup to use an email username/password? If not I would do that immediately as it'd probably fix your issue.

xconfmanager -s wt.mail.mailhost=<server_name> -s wt.mail.smtp.username=<user_name> -s wt.mail.smtp.password<my_password> -t codebase/wt.properties -p

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

[cid:image001.gif@01CB226F.9EC05470]

I had the infomation correct, just had a mispelling. Thanks for your help.

Kyle

also:

If the email server is an Exchange 2007, there is a new security into it (vs 2003) that blocks Java automated process to send emails in the outside world (we all wish some spam guys where using it OOTB...)

In order to get things working there is the following bypass:

Go to the Exchange Management Console> Go to Server Configuration> Select Hub Transport. Create a New Receive Connector. Create a new connector, Make
sure the remote IP range you add contains the IP of the Windchill server.
Go to the properties of the connector you created and go to the Authentication tab. Select Externally Secured.

You might want to have a different IP from the usual SMTP Server.
If so then just modify the SMTP Server properties in site.xconf for Windchill and roll on....

Top Tags