cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Enhancing presentation of data in Promotion Request

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Enhancing presentation of data in Promotion Request

We're starting a project to try to enhance the way that data is presented to approvers in a Promotion Request. We use Promotion Requests for approving state changes. We do not use the ECN or ECR functionality in Windchill currently. It's challenging for approvers sometimes to know what they are supposed to review/approve because Promotion Requests out-of-the-box only have a table display for the related items.

A complex promotion request for us may include: 

• Assembly WTPart, CAD model, Drawing
  • Documents related to the WTPart
  • Supplier Part (we are using the SUMA module)
  • Documents related to the Supplier Part
  • All the above for one or more Child WTPart(s)

I think what we're going to work toward developing will be some sort of Tree view to better be able to visualize the relationships between the items.

My question is if anyone else has worked on something similar to this, and what solution you are using?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply!

We've done similar with links to specific items. I think we'll keep on investigating using some sort of a tree view to better visualize the relationships between the different items.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@joe_morton 

The solution that I’ve implemented for several companies is to put hyperlinks in the workflow approval tasks to the objects that need to be approved.

This makes it a no brainer for the Approver to know what they are suppose to approve.

Additionally, sometime the Approve just wants to see the pdf from a published drawing. When this is the case a link to the published pdf is provided in the workflow task.

This is technique is very convenient and everyone know how to click on a link, at least I think they do.

Keep it user friendly and everyone is happy.

If you need help with the code to pull this off send me a private message or better yet email me at:

windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

David

Thanks for the reply!

We've done similar with links to specific items. I think we'll keep on investigating using some sort of a tree view to better visualize the relationships between the different items.

Top Tags