cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error in add/remove attachments while using task form template with work package as PBO

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Error in add/remove attachments while using task form template with work package as PBO

I am getting an error while editing attachments from a workflow task using a task form template. The PBO used is a subtype of work package. The same user can edit the package if he tries the same action from package > attachments tabs.

error-add-remove.png

Error in MS log

2016-03-02 09:46:37,747 ERROR [ajp-bio-8010-exec-1] com.ptc.core.components.factory.dataUtilities.NmHTMLActionModelDataUtility binesh.kumar - Could not find action model named:

(com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.miscResource/400) com.ptc.netmarkets.model.NmException: actionmodels.xml file is missing an entry called .  Please add the model and restart the server.

The action model info for the action is

actionmodel.png

What we did was all configurations, no customization.  Did any face this issue before with task form template?

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:BineshKumar1)

Binesh Kumar‌,

Yes - I've absolutely ran into this and logged a ticket.  They told me it was benign and to ignore it.  I tried to argue for at least a fix in CPS so that the Windchill logs would not get clogged with this "benign" message that is approximately 120 lines long, if I remember right.

CS210910‌.  The article says it is planned for 10.2 M030 CPS07.  But I dont think it ever made it.  I am on CPS10 or something and I'm still getting the errors in the MS logs.

Boy, you sure got me lit up on a Friday about this PTC software.  This one makes me so angry that they just can't fix it.  Every time a user clicks onto a workflow task, the message is populated into the MS logs.  On a related note, I think if you navigate to the Container > Tasks page for the container that this workflow task is located, you'll get some additional "benign" messages populated into the logs.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenPerry)

FYI...I also have this documented in #4 of the Surprises section of my discussion: Re: Who has Implemented Native Task Form Templates in 10.2 M030?

Thank you Ben Perry

The error in the method server log is exactly the same.We are on CPS 06.  Error message is misleading and I thought the error which I am getting while editing attachments from task page was related to this. I am getting the same error in Windchill 11 as well, but the action model related message is no longer seen in the logs.

editattachments.png

There is a new error message related to  attribute.jsp

errpr,sg.png

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Top Tags