cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error - "No Java VM Available with Installer" When Using PartsLink Server 10.0 Disk

david1
1-Newbie

Error - "No Java VM Available with Installer" When Using PartsLink Server 10.0 Disk

Hello,

I'm the new PLM/PDM Development Manager @ TRW Automotive based in Washington, MI facility. I'm installing a "Sandbox" of Windchill 10.0 M010 with most of the modules available to provide ability to awareness to organization groups on capabilities.

While trying to install Windchill 10.0 PartsLinkServerM010 from the disk, Ireceive a error messageof: "Found "D:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\NoVM\setup.exe", but there was no suitable Java VM included with the installer."

I have updated the path variable to include the Java version location at the beginning of the variable, restarted the machine, still same issue. Copied installation disk to the desk top - same issue.

My machine configuration is:

1. Windows 7 Professional w/Service Pack 1

2. IE 9

3. Java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

4. Windchill 10.0 w/PDMLink, ProjectLink, and Integration for Embedded Software

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

David,

You need to install Parts Link through the PSI and not using the
executable.

Best Regards

Rajesh Balasundaram
Top Tags