cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Export Import Object Types

bmessenger
7-Bedrock

Export Import Object Types

If you refer to article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS30168 it says to export your files and then import them in numerical order. I can get to step 4 successfully.

As soon as I try and import the file numbered _0 it fails with wt.util.WTException: Invalid Name: "local.rs.vsrs05.Regain" is incompatible with the domain context "null".

local.rs.vsrs05.Regain is the organization internal name. 

I gather file _0 contains the global attributes which in my case exist on the target machine. I would not expect it to error, I would expect it to do nothing in my case.

FIle _1 contains the attributes form the object type parent but it will load successfully, even though it also does nothing in my case.

File _2 does load successfully and does create the object correctly, even if I do not load file _0 and file _1.

Additionally, I need to specify the organization in the loadfromfile command otherwsie it bombs out.

Does anybody know how I cna load the first file, and load attributes that do not exist already?

I'm afraid it is another case of the documentation missing something critical to make this work. I personally have not found any documentation that is foolproof. There is ALWAYS something missing or something assumed.

I will however habve cases whw

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags