cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Export LifeCycle / Workflow Error

krichardson
1-Newbie

Export LifeCycle / Workflow Error

Several years back, I remember there was a trick to naming the export file extension so it would read correctly back into Windchill. Can anyone here help me out? When I export either aLifecycle / Workflow to a directory location, the file doesn't show up in Windows Explorer.

For Lifecycles, I can see the file in the Windchill ‘open’ dialog box, but I get the following error:

wt.util.WTException: Import of template failed. Please see detailed logs for additional information. at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet.importFile(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:1476)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet.access$1200(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:109)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet$WorkThread.run(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:658)

For Workflows, I get the following error:

2 REPLIES 2

To import LC and WF from windchill 9.1 to windchill 10.x . You need to set property "wt.ixb.import.allowCrossReleaseImport" to "true". also check Method server if any custom state or role is missing in target server

Check below link for details https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS19704

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,

shreyas

That did it - thank you so much!

Kathy

Top Tags