cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Export Windchill objects of a specific lifecycle state

taruchamy
10-Marble

Export Windchill objects of a specific lifecycle state

Dear Friends,

I wanted to export some CAD objects from Windchill, that too of a specific lifecycle.

Tried thru Import / Export manager - But it can export all the objects, but not specific to a lifecycle state.

Please help.

Thanks

Murthi

4 REPLIES 4
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:taruchamy)

Are you able to set up a search with the criteria to find all these CAD Docs at that specific lifecycle state? If so, you can add them to a workspace and export them from there.

Hi Lori, Hi Tom,

I do not want to use Embedded browser, the option mentioned will need Creo to be launched.

I can use package in advanced searched objects - But we need to use an existing package - Not able to create a new package.

Thanks

Murthi

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You're probably going to need a 3rd party utility then. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to get CAD Documents out of Windchill is with Creo's workgroup manager (embedded browser) or with Packages.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I believe packages can be version specific as well. Like Lori said, how are you planning to collect what you need? Can you do it with an advanced search? Are the different objects already related? Can you use a baseline or "as stored" configuration to collect them?

Top Tags