cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Exporting Pro-E WF4 data from Intralink 3.4

JamesLynch
1-Newbie

Exporting Pro-E WF4 data from Intralink 3.4

Afternoon all,

I need to export native Pro-E data for a number of large assys, to be burnt to DVD for a customer.

I have sucessfully opened the Top Level Assy Drawing in Pro-e WF4, and used the BACKUP function. However, this only backs up the Top Level Assy Drawing, and all Sub Assys, and parts - it doesn't backup the other drawings (i.e: Sub Assy Drawings etc)

So, Question 1: Can I make "Backup" include my Sub Assy drawings?

The other way I have tried to do this, is through Intralink 3.4

I checked out the files I needed into a blank Workspace, and then tried using the "Export to Disk" function to save to a folder on the C: drive. Set Realtionship Types to None. Hit OK. Things seemed to be working (and there are hundred of files) so I locked my screen and went home..... next morning, 14 hrs later- still chugging away. Restarted machine and tried (many times) using just one file.... no success, just seems to chug away but do nothing.

So question 2: How does Intralink Export to Disk work?

Or any other suggestions on how to do this? I know VB/Java scripts are possible, but I know nothing about how to do this.

I have no say in choosing CAD/PDM upgrades, so the tools (WF4 and Intralink 3.4) are the ones this task must be completed with. CAD Admin are 200miles away on another site, and very unlikely to be able to assist.

All advice welcome (I'll be checking back on Monday morn, hoping that I don't have to manually backup 700 drawings....)

Many thanks

James.

3 REPLIES 3

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Really don't understand why Intralink 'Export to Disc' just hangs when I try to use it - has anyone had this function working, ever?

How long is your "Export to Disk" path. I think that there is a 255 character limit. Also no spaces or special characters. I try and use _ for spaces.

When you execute the export, is a "no display" session of ProE starting in the background -- will see a square box flash on the screen?

Does your normal start of ProE require you to provide any input or dialog boxes to respond to? If so, no easy way to respond when ProE starting in background.

add dm_enable_simple_import_export to your config.po file. This will bypass Pro/E for the export of data.

Top Tags