cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Extract partnumber, revision and description

JeffreyRonay
1-Newbie

Extract partnumber, revision and description

We run Windchill using PRO E as our cad system. As the site developer, I need to extract the revision and description for any drawings that have been revised. Engineering would like me to pass these values to our MRP system, Syteline.

Is there a wa(API call / sql query) to extract these 3 fields from windchill for updated or new drawings in pro e.?

Thanks,

Jeff

12 REPLIES 12

Have you considered using QueryBuilder (possibly with Cognos) for this? Also, what WIndchill version are you using?

How do I access QueryBuiilder?Windchill version is 9.1

Site - Utilities - Report Manager

Check the "Windchill Customizer's Guide" (chapter "Report Generation") and "Windchill Business Administrator's Guide" (chapter "Reporting") for more details

What database platform are you using? If you are using MS SQL, and if you have access to the database I can give yuo a query that will help you.

- Patrick

Hi Patrick,

yes we are using mssql. query would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

I am almost done with this SQL script. I had to make some slight adjustments to my original script. Hang with me just a bit longer and I will get you exactly what you need and probably then some.

- Patrick

Awesome Patrick and Thank You!

Jeff

Jeff

Try this SQL to make sure it will return the basic info you are looking for:

select * from [yourdatabaseSCHEME].EPMDocumentMaster where documentNumber = 'DOCUMENT_NUMBER'

I am having issues joining this table to teh EPMDocument table to retrieve the correct record to get you right revision number and so forth.

This is a starting point. I was SURE I had this script, but I can't seem to find it. I am working on a article that will be posted on a MS blog site for MS SQL 2008 that is a walk through on how reverse engineer the URL strings of the application to help you locate the data in the database.

- Patrick

I use this in SQL Server to get CAD Doc info.

SELECT

EPMDocumentMaster.CADName

"CADName"

,EPMDocument.versionIdA2versionInfo

"Revision"

,EPMDocument.iterationIdA2iterationInfo

"Iteration"

,EPMDocument.statestate

"State"

,PDMLinkProduct.namecontainerInfo

"Product"

,SubFolder.name

"Folder"

CASE LEN(EPMDocument.versionIdA2versionInfo)

WHEN 1 THEN ASCII(EPMDocument.versionIdA2versionInfo) -64

WHEN 2 THEN ((ASCII(SUBSTRING(EPMDocument.versionIdA2versionInfo, 1, 1))-64)*26) + (ASCII(SUBSTRING(EPMDocument.versionIdA2versionInfo,2,1))-64)

END VersionLetterInt

FROM

EPMDocumentMaster

,EPMDocument

,PDMLinkProduct

,SubFolder

WHERE

EPMDocumentMaster.CADName =

'model_program_new.prt'

AND EPMDocument.idA3masterReference = EPMDocumentMaster.idA2A2

AND EPMDocument.idA3containerReference = PDMLinkProduct.idA2A2

AND EPMDocument.idA3B2folderingInfo = SubFolder.idA2A2

ORDER BY

VersionLetterInt

ASC, Cast(EPMDocument.iterationIdA2iterationInfo AS INTEGER) ASC

Awesome Joe

I appreciate the script. There is just one column missing...for description, I need the StringValue.value colum and can't seem to find the correct key to relate back to EPMDocument table. Any thought on this?

Is description a pro e parameter? Not sure what you mean by this.

I believe the pro e parameter is Title. I have found the values I am looking for in the windchill.StringValue table in the column called value.

Announcements

Top Tags