cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Failed to validate the Oracle Home User Password with the username found in the registry

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Failed to validate the Oracle Home User Password with the username found in the registry

I am trying to install Windchill 11.0 m030 CPS08 on a Windows Server 2016 machine with Oracle 12cR1. This for a rehost from a Windows Server 2012 machine in preparation for a Windchill 11.1 M020 upgrade. I got around an error running the PSI, but I cannot get around this Oracle User Home Password issue. I found a solution from 10.2 and tried that, but it did not help.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

So in the PSI step, it asked for the Oracle credentials and will not let you by?  Should be an immediate kick back if credentials are wrong. Check db.properties entries and ensure the password words via some other means. It may be that .xml file for the previous PSI run when it was installed has the values for the DB cached. You might need to edit those in the installer folder.  I just did a PSI run and it brought out my old indexer credentials and overwrote them in my install. I had to fix them after PSI was done.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

This long before the db.properties is even created. I am getting this error when doing the Oracle configuration from the PSI on the Oracle server. I tried the steps from this article: Solved: Anyone installed WC 10.2 M030 without an Oracle Ho... - PTC Community but that did not make a difference.

Ben,

I wonder if this would help:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS213330

I'd suggest opening up a Support case, if it does not, as our Runtime engineers may understand this issue better.

Mike

That did not work.

Top Tags