cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Family Table Report

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Family Table Report

Does anyone have a family table report that they are willing to share?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CD075B.04BBFE60]

4 REPLIES 4
dwilliams
6-Contributor
(To:pwilliams-3)

Hi Patrick,

Please try the attached report. This should get you started.

Thanks,

Dax

manojchitgopkar
5-Regular Member
(To:dwilliams)

Could you please share the Family tree report genration script ..  I want to use for analysis ..

Let me describe mt problem ..

We have consolidated two instances of same versioned Windchill system into one..

Now we are observing some issues with Family table.

For doing this, we have used custom method to load metadata & Content and then creting links for those loaded metadata.

But the present situation is that we are facing problem with FT objects.

-   For genric part,  member in Family Table tree is crossed ( atatched the screen shot )

-  For Instances,  Family Table is not getting populated.

I am looking for cause for this, then only I can able to understand which step of migration went wrong or which has to be repeated to correct it.

advise related to this would be very helpful in proceding furthur ..  we are actually stuck at this point ..

Thanks Dax, that was very helpful. As a side note, I did notice that you selected the EPM Document.Generic value. I have a report where I wanted to do the same however Query Builder wasn't showing me this attribute...for a while. I had to click the ... (elipses) button several times until that attribute showed up. Have you experienced problems with the Query Builder select attribute interface where all of the available columns are not showing up?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD076A.77317470]
dwilliams
6-Contributor
(To:pwilliams-3)

Hi Patrick,

I haven't seen this issue with Query Builder but the tool can be
temperamental. When it starts acting up, I usually just close the report
and re-open it.

Top Tags