cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Fast ESP Indexing Rules

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Fast ESP Indexing Rules

Fo rthose of you who use FAST ESP for indexing, do you have multiple rules per context to index certain objects or have one blanket rule at the root/site level that does all objects (WTObject) and all states

I'm trying to get Indexing to work with little success I might add, and would like to limit what it is indexed while getting this to work.

Our system was set up with an indexing rule at teh site level doing WTObject at all states, I think that this rule should be removed and new ones created at the lower levels such as our document library

Would this make sense

Thanks all

CJ

1 REPLY 1
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:ChrisCollinson)

Hello Chris

I cannot help you with the technical side of it as we do not yet use FAST or SOLR but we are considering implementing it.

I would first consider the business needs. As always why having a castle when a 2 bedroom house is enough.

It will also depend on the capability of the server. The bigger the index base the more powerful the server.

Other rules can be applied, do you want to index the soft parameters only and no document content, or also the document contents ?

Do you need to index all the objects (such as discussions, change objects, packages, baseline etc....)

This is the approach we will be taking when implementing SOLR, ie looking first at what we need to index and what benefit we want to get on it.

As I once learnt. A PDM should only return a few (5 to 10) relevant results even if it takes 30sec rather than 2 millions returned in 0.32sec as Google does

hope this helps

Announcements

Top Tags