cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Fatal Errors

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Fatal Errors

We're running Creo2 M200 with Windchill 10.2 M030, W7, on a variety of workstations and laptops.

I've already posted this issue here:

Fatal Error - Traceback log

But I thought I would reach out to the Windchill side for insight.  We've been struggling with this issue for quite some time, and updating to M200 seemed to resolve some of the premature exits, they are still occurring, just less frequently.  Now, they seem to occur after using Creo/Firefox (or any browser) for approximately 7-8 hours.

Our heavy CAD users seem to be experiencing this the most.  These users are also heavy users of web based programs (Jira, Confluence, webmail, etc) and routinely have dozens on tabs open simultaneously.   Could this be causing these errors to occur or is it a contributing factor in any way?  I'm just a bit uneducated on the topic, and am unfamiliar with how the embedded broswer cache versus external cache is handled, or if it's even a concern.

Thanks for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MikeMarcoux)

Mike,

Have you opened up a case with TS to have the tracebacks investigated? Normal tracebacks are not readable/useful as-is. TS has internal tools that can be used to convert them into a more useful state to investigate what was happening in the code at the time Creo crashed.

It's curious since it looks like several of the tracebacks I converted from your zip look like they are potentially associated with things that should be fixed in Creo 2.0 M200.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the reply.  I opened a case and sent the tracebacks to TS (PTC Case C12934530).  We sent 18 logs from about 6 or so users. 

The response was that some of the issues we were experiencing were address in M090, and that our files were corrupt. Some of the traceback were pre-update, others were post-update, so this does make sense to a degree.  The error still occasionally occurs, so it may be a file corruption, but that would mean that completely isolated products within windchill all share the same corruption.  Different users on different unrelated products have all experienced the error.  Maybe we're just unlucky?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MikeMarcoux)

The most effective thing to do would be to send over just the post-update tracebacks. There were seven separate issues that our internal tool identified when I took a look at all of your tracebacks. Most likely the crashes you are experiencing now are different from the ones relating to the identified issues, or they are as you said, related to corrupted data.

Thanks for the follow up and idea.  I'll begin collecting the recent tracebacks for delivery. 

Top Tags