cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

File Server enumerated type / content error

mspencer
5-Regular Member

File Server enumerated type / content error

I am setting up a remote file server. Everything went fine with the install...zip files built from the master, downloaded and installed. Ccsdu update built and installed fine to bring the file server up to the same build / version as the master site (both are on 10.1 M010). The file server is online, with no errors in any of the message logs. Replication rules/schedules are fine. Users can upload content perfectly fine, and this content can be pushed to the master and read by master site users. However, here starts the problem.

Users of the remote file server cannot download / view the content (most notabley PDF files). When they try, the method server throws an error that it the 'ADDITIONAL_FILES' enumerated type does not exist. I see this is coming from the wt.content.ContentRoleType RB file. I see this file located on the file server installation under wt/content/ContentRoleTypeRB.RB.ser. Comparing this file to the master installation reveals it is missing the 'ADDITIONAL_FILES' type. However, using the enumcustomize utility through the file server WC shell, it says that "The selected resource file was not found". Doing the same operation on the master, I am able to open up the wt.content.ContentRoleTypeRB file with no problems.

Attached is the log of the method server on the File Server that is throwing the error.

So, bottom line is a few questions

1) Is it normal that the file server cannot find any of the XXXX.RB.ser files?

2) Why doesn't this ContentRoleTypeRB file match that which is on the master?

3) We have a few customized enumerated type role extensions located on the master under <windchill>\wtCustom. Do I need to also copy these to the file server? and then rebuild the jar files?

4) I don't see this 'ADDITIONAL_FILES' enumerated type in any of our customized extensions located in the wtCustom folder. Any idea where this type extension could be coming from that wouldn't cause it to be copied over to the file server?

Many Thanks,

Max

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags